It is now April

So a couple small updates.

Even though I made a fair Sample Bank for all the sounds in SEAR, but preferred goal has always been to have an actual software synth producing the noises. In this case, that would be an iOS AudioUnit.

However, trying to learn how to program AudioUnits is like one of more annoying things I have tried to learn in iOS.   There are a few good resources, and those sources are usually either dated or piecemeal.

Still, I have created a new GitHub depot as a way to document everything I learn in trying to build one.  You can find it here.  https://github.com/ForeverTangent/AUv3Breakdown

Also, I have run into a really nasty SegFault bug in SEAR.  I think I might have a solution, but it is one of those bugs that makes you step away from a project to collect yourself and to build up the energy to deal with it.

All, of this because, Jaromczyk asked me to demo SEAR this summer as some Engineering Summer Camp UK is host.  So if I don’t have a job by then, I am using it as a ‘artificial’ deadline to get a few more things done.

 

About ForeverTangent

Currently a Masters of Computer Science Student at the University of Kentucky.
Previous Masters of Entertainment Technology from Carnegie Mellon.
Before that Graduated from Berklee College of Music.
I have worked for Public Radio and the Video Games industry.
Most of my interests now are UI and Accessibility Issues for Technology.

Comments are closed.