Baby steps, but walking.

It looks like that the starting of the week is turning into documentation for that previous week.

Honestly, that is not really a terrible thing because when I think about it, that is a pretty smart and smooth way to get back into the flow. That opposed to just jumping into code or design. At least having to write things up first, allows one a moment of retrospective with out having to get completely hard code.

Anyway, I was to start a few UML diagrams for the project. I have the core Use Cases diagram complete. I also have started some of the activity diagrams. However, most importantly I was always able to build a SoundFont Sample Bank to use as a sound source for SEAR-RL.

Now my long term goal is to build a project AudioUnit Synthesizer. However, after years of doing other projects I know that can be dangerous rabbit hole. Being a big fan of a prototyping, I know it is just better to get something that will work up and running quickly. So building a sample bank was the easiest way to go. Still, I promise the AU will happen.

Still I have to say I think I was smart about how I made the sample bank as well. I wrote a Python-3 script that uses SOX, to generate waveforms and a SFZ file, and then imported that into Polyphone to build the actual SoundBank.

About ForeverTangent

Currently a Masters of Computer Science Student at the University of Kentucky.
Previous Masters of Entertainment Technology from Carnegie Mellon.
Before that Graduated from Berklee College of Music.
I have worked for Public Radio and the Video Games industry.
Most of my interests now are UI and Accessibility Issues for Technology.

Comments are closed.